Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Jan Week 2 - Me? Military?

The rubber meets the road on all those resolutions this week... can't you just feel it? The stress of last year creeping into the resolve of this year? Week one were all determination to change. Week 2 were falling back to old excuses. Week 3 we wonder what we were thinking in the first place...

I started this year with a lovely Kathleen Turner-esque chest cold. I took the first week of Jan to refocus. I've become classically good at allowing exercise to be my crutch, and the diet... it just lags behind in priority. I do well during the day. I always have my shake for breakfast, and I usually do alright with lunch. But after 3pm my willpower seems to fly out the window.... then add a glass of wine, and I'm shoving all sorts of sweets in my mouth.

I buckled down. BIG TIME. No more sweets. No more wine. Just whole foods, all the time.

The result? I have shed a massive amount of water weight (hello inflammation!). In 10 days, I have lost 10 lbs. I have probably consumed more vegetables in 10 days that I did in all of December 2016. I've drank water. I've eaten whole fruits. I've had 1 glass of wine. YAY me!!

I've started doing Tony Horton's 22 Minute Military Hard Corp. It is short but it hurts. I'm sore all over, in a good way. Now, just get thru Jan week 3 and I'm on my way!! 2017, I'm coming for ya!

video

No comments: