Thursday, September 17, 2015

Home Matters: Before Pics

If you've been keeping up with my stress levels  - that I've been documenting ad nauseum on here for the past couple of months, you know that we've bought a house, and now we are understaking what is - for us - a big renovation. Hubs & I have done some projects in our prior houses, but those were in our time and without kids and maybe just didn't live up to this project in the stress department. So - what are we doing you ask? Well, let me tell you... 

The house we bought is lovely. It is big house for the neighborhood and has a room for each Lewis lady and then some. Over 2800 sq. ft of Phoenix ranch custom built in the mid-1980's. The house has had updates over the years and was well loved by the prior owner. The bones are good. What we are undertaking is largely cosmetic.... here are the rooms that will see the most transformation. 

Paint - Everything! Ceilings, walls, cabinets, doors, trim.... 

We went with Sherwin Williams Livable Lux palette. I literally blitzed thru the house before my last business trip and put color chips on walls - all from this palette! Little did I know (until I just did a Google search on this) that our choices were the colors used in the 2014 HGTV Dream Home. Well, look how trendy I am! We have deviated somewhat and are using a Benjamin Moore gray as our "field" color (isn't that a super cool term I learned from my new favorite friend of my husband who is an interior decorating and affirmed my choices in haste!) We are also using Dunn-Edwards Whisper as our trim color: 

Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray



Sherwin Williams Livable Luxe Palette (has since been updated but these are the colors I am using):



Of the palette, we are using:
Dovetail: Kitchen / Bath Vanity Cabinets
Silvermist: Living Room / Hall Bathroom
Contented: Master Bedroom / Office Bathroom
Serious Gray: Master Bathroom
Bamboo Shoot: Formal Sitting Room Accent Wall / Pocket Door to Laundry Room
Distance: Painted Wainscott in the Dining Room / Interior walls in Laundry Room
Black Fox: Stucco Fireplace Wall in Master Bedroom
Edgecomb Gray: Interior walls not accent / Formal Sitting, Upper Dining Room, Eat in Kitchen, Office. 

And for my 3 little girl rooms: 
Sherwin Williams: White Dogwood
(cause, well, pink....)


So, with that in mind, here are the BEFORE pics:

The Kitchen / Eat In: 



These are the kitchen cabinets we are paining Dovetail. Stepped half wall removed. All trim will be white. We are using a small white beveled subway tile on the backsplash. The eat in area cabinets are being painted trim color. We've removed a half wall in the eat in space. We're replacing all the light fixtures. New white glass replacement pendant shades will go on 4 pendants over the two tiered corian counter top bar.

The Girls / Hall Bathroom:;

I am, sadly, not keeping the lovely basket of flowers on the existing bathroom tile!


The shower is getting demolished as we speak, and we are re-tiling the surround in a glossy white 3x6 subway tile with white grout (something like the pic below). We are framing in some shower nooks in the seat area in the middle picture. We are re-surfacing the steel tub to be white rather than ivory. We are keeping the bronze fixtures. We are using an accent tile Lucente Luzzaro Linear by Emser Tile seen here - but we don't have much of it as I scored a deal of 3 sheets for $5 each (retail is $25 a piece!).


The hall bath has a 9ft long double sink vanity that we are painting SW Dovetail. My contractor scored a deal on white carrera marble for our vanity top with undermount rectangle sinks. The bronze fixtures, mirros and light fixtures are staying. The white subway tiles will run as the backsplash on the walls, the walls will be painted SW Silvermist. Medicine cabinets will be painted trim color. 


I imagine the the finished product will look something like this maybe? Hopefully? God willing?

(This pic for tile over vanity)          (This pic for paint and marble top)




What else? Oh well, light fixtures galore! White fans in the kids rooms, Yosemite Home Decor rod iron chandelier in the dining room, Pratt Street Pendant in the eat in area. All interior doors are being painted white - nor more mid-80's dark oak! I'm kinda losing my mind about it all if you haven't notice - I can't wait for the after pics! Stay tuned!!!


No comments: