Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Maelstrom

Maelstrom is just a good word. A really good word. I think I need to use it. Maelstrom. Are you living in a Maelstrom? A powerful whirlpool or... a a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil? If you feel like you are, well, you are not alone. I'm pretty sure what we've been living could be adequately described as a maelstrom. There might be a bit of hyperbole there but not much. 


a maelstrom

It has been a week. And, it is, ummm.... Tuesday. 

We've been reading Jesus Calling for Kids to the girls each night before bed. It's an App for my phone - which, I love. Most nights the lure of bedtime liberates me from my desire to convey meaningful life lessons to the girls in favor of: "It's bed time! Go to sleep!" The Jesus Calling for Kids App is really nice cause I don't have to think, I just have to read.... and that is all I seem capable of at bedtime, or the moment for that matter. 

Last night Hubs was home for bedtime. Celebrate small victories. 

So, I pulled out my phone and VOILA! The life lesson. But funny how God works. Not really for the kids this time. Really for us. Hubs and I shared a knowing glance. 

"Some days leave you feeling like Dorothy, spinning around in the middle of a tornado (Maelstrom!) and terrified that you are going to fall at any moment. When that happens, whisper My Name. 

Jesus. 

.   .  . One word opens your heart to My Power and Peace in the middle of the storm. Always remember. I am only one word away." 

Hubs and I both said, "I've said the name Jesus a couple of times today." That's not hyperbole, I have no doubt we both had. Jesus. 

There is so much that is out of our control. It is in His hands. We can do our best to prod along in the way we think things should go but only if it is His will. As of yesterday morning, we were without final underwriting approval on our home loan and closing is scheduled Friday. The reality of the loan approval being outstanding hit me on Saturday and resulted in a hormone induced cleaning rage. Hubs seemed impervious. It hit him yesterday and his usual cool demeanor was interrupted with a furrowed brow and an actual discussion on what do we do if come Friday night we are without a new home and facing a move to..... where?

I'm not one to stress. But this... this has caused me stress.  Thankfully, this morning, without prodding, the loan company came thru with the final approval and now it seems like it is all tying up documents, funds and financing with a nice little bow and all will be well. The feelings, the overwhelming sense of forces outside of our control continues though... and that maelstrom may not end for a while. 

I'm pretty sure I've put this one on my blog before but I'm certain it has become my favorite verse and why I want to cover my new house in watery hues, ships and anchors... oh, and Mary & Martha stuff, that too! 





No comments: