Monday, August 24, 2015

Finding new ways

If there is anything sure in this life, well... I guess the first thing is death. We're all going to die. But after that cheery thought... we can be sure, life will change.

And change.

And change some more.

And just when you're comfortable - BAM! It'll happen again.



Part of success in life, whatever your place - whatever your personal challenge - whatever your hope - dream - goal - how you respond to change, that is what will make or break you.

Each morning we are given a new opportunity to react to the changes coming our way. Will we stress? Will we be fearful? Will we find a work around? Will we forge on? Will we quit? Will we have a tantrum like a two year old?

Or will we continue to move forward in obedience? Find new ways?

Sometimes it is the string of failures that brings success. Sometimes it is seeing differently - embracing radical thoughts or conventional thoughts in a radical age - maybe it is simply asking for help - maybe it is admitting weakness - maybe it is remembering WHY you started in the first place.

What is your WHY?


I'm struck this afternoon by the metamorphosis that I've seen in my own life. In my marriage. In my attitude. In my ambition. In my mothering. In my body. In my faith. Like shifting sands the focus of my daily life changes, but I can see clearly the thread as if I my human energies are waves crashing on the eternal sands of the shore... the constant routine changes the landscape but you cannot see it in a moment only after the passage of time. I've changed. Maybe it isn't noticeable from yesterday to today. But it is from year to year.

I'm struggling right this moment with some changes that appear to be coming. They may not be bad changes, they could be GREAT! But they're different and so my hackles are up. I will just keep doing what I do... taking steps forward, finding new ways, and see what amazing things God has in store.



Amen for that.

Weight lost to date: 53.5 lbs
Weight til goal: 4.5 lbs (flirting with Onderland)
What next: Working on Couch to 5K, thinking 5K in Phoenix this winter.

No comments: