Thursday, July 30, 2015

What feeds you?

"Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller 

If your friends with me on Facebook, you know that last weekend I flew to St. Louis and met up with my wonderful Mary & Martha sisters for National Conference. This is the 3rd major trip I've taken since I started the New Direction Very Low Calorie Diet thru Arizona Health & Wellness

My business trip to Seattle was early on and my confidence wasn't great. But I did okay. My staycation at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale was very tough with smells and wine lists haunting my dreams. This past weekend was a breeze. Not that the Renaissance Conference Center disappointed - it didn't. But as I was chatting with a friend yesterday and she commented about how much diligence I showed in not eating a bite of the food, my thought was: 

 What feeds me? 

I didn't miss food this weekend because I was getting fed in so many other ways. I love people and I had tons of old and new friends to share life with. I love Mary & Martha so I was sustained by the excitement of the new Fall product reveal. I was yearning for worship and found the testimony and inspiration wash over me and cleanse me. I was moved to tears by the music and humbled by the simple message that God is still pursuing me - even in all my mess. 

That feeds much more than my stomach. So I am fed now, in a different way. I am fed and I am grateful. I don't need to stuff myself to paralysis out of fear and stress. It is okay to be hungry, in fact it feels good to want. I've got a lot more places I want to go in this body, a lot more to experience and share and I am hungry for that. Those opportunities are far more memorable than a milkshake. 

What feeds you? 

What feeds your soul? Your marriage? Your kids? Your business? What makes you hope when all else seems lost? 





So keep on, good friends. For we've got the gift of grace to sustain us and hope to propel us forward. And most importantly, the verse after this one -- "This hope doesn’t put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us." Now that is some serious food -  let that fill you up. 


No comments: