Monday, January 19, 2015

Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Powder

So far this January I've been embracing a little more of "domestic" Eddy, trying my hand at meal planning, cooking, organizing and getting the house in order. Yesterday afternoon I decided it was time to throw together some cookies as a treat for the little ladies..

Unable to access Pinterest or my usual cookie recipes, I started with the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe in my old faithful New Cook Book but I can't stick with a recipe so it quickly got amended and WOW! I've got to share! These are the softest, gooey-est, chocolate chip cookie yummos ever!



Preheat Oven: 375 Degrees

1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (mine is from Costco)
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter powder (PB2)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla paste (I had some left over paste from Christmas baking)
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts (optional - I didn't use them)

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil and butter on medium high for 30 seconds. Add sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and peanut butter powder. Beat mixture until combined scraping sides. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much of flour as you can with mixer  - finish by hand if needed. Stir in chocolate chips. 

2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. 

I used my Mary & Martha paper bakeware -  tart pans -  to make two large over-sized cookies. These came out with a blondie-like consistency. Bake 12 - 17 minutes. I checked mine at 12 and added 2 and 1 minute increments thereafter until the tops of the cookies had a nice brown on them!

Enjoy!

No comments: