Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Woo- Hoo! Guess what day it is? Hump Day!



My weigh in day used to be Mondays. That's a rough day generally and even worse when you add a weekly weigh in to it. This time around, we've moved our weigh in day to Wednesday cause... well, New Years Day was a Wednesday, and that was the start 1/1/14. Plus, Wednesday is hump day, a good reason to lose weight in my book!

So, without further adieu:

Weight lost: 6lbs
Weight to lose to next goal: 14 lbs
Weight lost since delivery: 38 lbs

I'm pretty psyched about this, even if I am still shedding baby weight (and will be for a while) and still coming off delivery a little over 2 weeks ago. I've struggled with moments of weakness in front of the fridge, and 95% of the time, I've beaten back those demons. That, I am proud off and can build off of. I need to start getting creative in my meal planning and working more good fats and calories in so I can make sure I'm keeping the foods I eat as beneficial as possible to my body - which from my prior hippie post - continue to do double duty for me and baby.

I did get a mild reprimand from my nurse practitioner about my exercise. She said no walks over a mile. Hmmmm.... Umm, ok, sure. I did reach my goal of 3 walks last week, but given a busier schedule this week, I haven't gotten out there yet. I intend to take a stroll today -- perhaps if I don't map the miles I can claim ignorance on the distance? Eh, I guess I should just follow doctors orders. I know I can manage my weight by calorie counts alone, but when I exercise, it just gives me that much more endurance to push thru my cravings. Better safe than sorry though, I don't want to mess with my healing.

No comments: