Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weeks 2 - 3: Keep Calm and Run On

So recently there was this big holiday where people celebrate and stuff themselves silly. I'm vaguely aware of it. I'm not entirely sure what tipped it me off, but scale seems fairly good evidence of it.

Eat too much Fudge, the Scale will not Budge. (An Eddy Original)

But I'm totally ok with it. I put that food in my mouth. I'm accountable.

I've got other small victories I'm celebrating. I've been hitting the road, lacing up the Brooks, and trying to get some miles back on these legs. It is harder now, the running part, my cardio fitness has suffered and yes, I've gained some weight. It makes me slower and sound like a panting Labrador. But I'm just going to keep going out there, go a block, or a corner farther than last time, and it will get easier.


The last time I did this, it took me from May to August to get up the courage to sign up for a 5K. So, it will take some time, and that's ok. I've got time. Easy come easy go. It took 9 months of depression and feeding my fear to get me here, it will take 9 months of work to get me back.

Miles logged last week: 11 miles
Goal for this week: More than 11 miles

I'm staying mum on a weigh in..... I'm trying to decide what day I will log my numbers. I've always tortured myself with Monday, so I might wait until then. I'm feeling empowered by getting out there and more encouraged with each day that I'm conquering my cravings. Onward and Upward!

If you'd like to join me, I'm on MyFitnessPal. Send me a friend invite: marallewis. Lets support each other!


No comments: