Thursday, June 21, 2012

3 Things Thursday - Sore, Summer, Speed

Sore.... there is a tightness in my achilles that I haven't felt since I started running over a year ago. I changed out my sneakers today, ran in my old faithfuls, and that helped. Last week I cranked up my mileage (trying to get back to 20 mile a week base), so that might have something to do with it.

Summer... flying in the face of sore, I pushed myself on the treadmill this morning trying to log a respectable time for my Welcome to Summer Virtual 5K. I don't know what it is about the treadmill that makes speed so much more difficult. I could come up with a whole host of excuses, but lets just leave it as - for me, the treadmill is waaaaay harder than running on the road. So, I"ll take my 31.07 time.


Speed... not sure where you're hiding, but I will find you!

1 comment:

Toni @runninglovingliving said...

Thanks for participating, the treadmill does make it harder sometimes, I really don't know why.