Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm sweaty and I know it.

Sometimes actually admitting it, whatever it might be, is the final, not the first, step. Just saying the words cleanses your psyche allowing you to push through, to push beyond. I think my "its ok to struggle" epiphany last week was one such moment. I can't allow myself to get all "Eddy pity party", I've got to just find a new mantra - like the one that came to me as I labored on the treadmill this morning:

I love sweat. I love sweat. I love sweat.

See, honestly, I really don't. I hate sweating. It is just gross and slippery and stinking and sorta counter to all things I'd like to be - polished, coiffed, presentable, cool, aloof. It's like singing, "I'm sweaty and I know it", when you'd just rather be "sexy". I mean really, when faced with sweaty or sexy, I'd take the later.

But this morning, I embraced the sweat. I pushed thru that mental wall that has been growing up in my psyche in the past two months and felt much better for it - sweat and all. In fact, since my struggling blog admission last week, I've had two good sessions on the treadmill where I feel that I got my legs back, if that makes any sense. I felt like I could have kept going for another couple miles on both occasions but for fear of causing more harm, I've been wrapping up my runs around the 3 mile distance for the past few weeks.

Slowly and surely I will turn sweaty to sexy. I love to sweat. I love to sweat. I love to sweat. My new mantra.

Oh, and just cause we all love some rum... why is the rum always gone? I run to drink rum... not that its doing me much good!



Week in Review:

 Count: 5 Activities
 Distance: 17.75 mi
 Time: 3:53:45 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 182 ft
 Avg Speed: 4.6 mph
 Avg HR: 138 bpm
 Calories: 2,192 C

Weigh In: + 1.5 lbs
Weight loss to date: NADA
Weight til goal: 11 lbs

1 comment:

Tri-Jess said...

I used to hate it as well, but now I am like some sweaty, smelly, and probably germy martyr!

In reality, I am a pretty clean person. I hated sweating, but I realised the more I sweated (and drank water!!) the less it smelled bad and it was ok.

And it's not so bad that I have a cutie that trains with me and he doesn't mind the sweaty part :D