Monday, April 9, 2012

Not Training (Week 3 Recap)

I miss the rhythm of my prior training life. Seeing as it is Monday, I'm particularly missing the ease of my prior Monday blog titles. Thus, the non-title for the non-training week Monday check in. I'm lacking in creativity this Monday, so this is all I've got...

Not training sucks. Seriously... I know. What gives Eddy? Why can't you get your groove back? It is week 3 of not routinely running. Not checking my Runners World training App to tell me how many miles to log and at what pace. Without thinking about diet and hydration and play lists.

If you haven't noticed. I've just been living.

It is a weird development. This living thing. I've been afraid to just do my own thing for fear of what exactly would happen if left to my own devices. Well, let me tell you. When left to my own devices I tend to eat too much chocolate and drink too much wine. I've run. I've completed 3 events of the Jelly Bean virtual race last week, but I've lost the predictability of my training.

I miss it.... sorta. I miss that innate sense of accomplishment that comes along with completing your training plan but I am enjoying living a little bit of life too. To be reacquainted with Hubs, to have the girls so loving their new jungle-like backyard. Sitting out on our patio in awe of new flora and fauna and new critters. Warm sunshine days slipping into cooler desert evenings. I like that. I'm getting used to it. If I earn back a tad bit of tummy in the process, ya'll will forgive me, right?



This week in review:


 Count: 3 Runs / 1 Bike (13 miles)
 Distance: 23.88 mi
 Time: 3:21:08 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 361 ft
 Avg Speed: 7.1 mph
 Avg HR: 137 bpm
 Calories: 1,873 C

No comments: