Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I'm just a slacker

Slacking. Slacker. Slacking Slacker. Eddy is embracing it. I wish I was blissfully unaware that this Saturday is the half marathon that I have registered for in Wisconsin. I'm not. They keep sending me reminders. The facebook group is active and I'm getting notification. Race Day Events is sending emails. My calendars all have the date circled. Well folks, I'm feeling like a dud. I won't be there. I won't be running.

My left hip is channeling all my disappointment and I'm hobbling around like an octogenarian. What did I do to my hip? No clue, except to note that about a half mile into my run yesterday and felt a sharp pain in the outside hip joint that got progressively worse after a day in my desk chair. Hmmm. Feeling...disappointed, fat and old. This is a cheery blog post. Makes an Eddy get all introspective.

Eddy is 3 weeks into life here in Phoenix (perhaps it is all of the above) and the infatuation with my new locale is wearing off. Holding hands with Phoenix has been fun. We've had some good first dates. Our first kiss was sweet. But a couple of weeks in and I'm re-evaluating. Is this good for the long term? Like any good introspection, you can only compare your new love to your old one. My new love is always sunny. Always perky. Always like an umbrella drink. Sure my new love has an allergy problem. He is dusty and fading. His style is drastically different than mine. He had a new culture and some new language. He is busier and has places to go.

Whereas my old love was more balanced. There were snowy days, cloudy days, rainy days, warm days and sunny days. Sometimes he was all four seasons in one day. He was more country less city. His colors were vibrant and consistent, red, green and gold. He was small but trying to be big in an endearing way. There was cuddling on the couch by the fire with hot chocolate. There were days by the pool.  He was comfortable like a favorite pair of jeans. Friendly, like going to Target and always running into someone you know. Predictable. Reliable.

Eddy is not sure where she is going with this... just to say... I miss my old love. I'm still adjusting to this new relationship and it is cool, but if you know me, you know that I tend to idealize former loves.... for me, memories crystallize... usually into something sweeter.

Week in Review:


 Count: 6 Activities
 Distance: 23.94 mi
 Time: 4:32:02 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 455 ft
 Avg Speed: 5.3 mph
 Avg HR: 153 bpm
 Calories: 3,030 C

No comments: