Monday, March 12, 2012

Panic (Week 16 Training Recap)

Finis. Finished. Done. This is it folks. The last week of training. The 16 week plan. Now, I've got to move across the country. Cue The Smiths - PANIC!

oh this picture is not flattering!
 
I ran a practice 13.1 on Friday to cap off the training, and I'm "tapering" this week to run Eddy's Half on Friday. It all went a bit pear-shaped (fav British saying) at the end, but I am seeing the end, so I'm proud. I've proved to myself that I am more than just a casual runner. I'm more than a girl that can lose weight.  I can train like an athlete and run distances I wouldn't have even considered even walking two years ago.

Week 16 in Review:


 Count: 5 Activities
 Distance: 31.40 mi
 Time: 5:29:10 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 1,036 ft
 Avg Speed: 5.7 mph
 Avg HR: 150 bpm
 Calories: 3,906 C

Things are going to go a bit differently here for the new few weeks. My life is going thru total upheaval with our cross country move. I've hit the panic mode today and I have literally started tearing my house apart. It is all going to get a little bit crazy before it gets back to normal again. And that's ok, crazy is fun... but crazy might not lend itself to the OCD blog entries I have maintained in the last few years.

So, I might go silent, I might go off topic, but I'll be back. I've signed up the the Jelly Bean in April so I'll be running again in just a few weeks. In a few weeks, I'll never believe that I was capable of running 30 miles a week. Gotta write this stuff down to even believe its true!

1 comment:

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

I'm doing the Jelly Bean run too! Did it last year but on the treadmill so it'll be fun to run in the bib! Congrats on finishing the training....what's next for Mara, the half marathon runner?