Friday, March 30, 2012

Let Normalcy Resume

We've arrived in the Valley of the Sun. I can't tell you how happy I am that the past two weeks are over. Not that it is normal yet, but I'm ready for normalcy to resume. We've packed. We've cleaned. We've said goodbyes. We've flown. We've driven. We've eaten more fast food in the past 2 weeks that in the past two years. We've met new friends. We've gone to new daycare, church and grocery stores. We've been to Target every day. We've got tired feet. We've tried to run in the sun. We've realized what the priorities are in life.



The house is great, thanks to the help of my sister and her family. Not only did they put me and girls up for over a week while the household was in transit, but upon arrival, they attacked my boxes with fervor and made my house a home. I'm still entirely distracted and needing some time to get my bearings, but I'm finally coming around to seeing the sun on a daily basis. Not a bad front yard, eh?

As for running. I'm finding it challenging and a bit overwhelming right now. It is so freakin DRY here. A mile and a half in and I feel like my mouth and sinuses are coated in dust. Bleh! Now that my handheld is here, I'm anxious to tackle more. I'm certainly feeling totally apart from the mileage I was logging this time last month. My 2.8 miles this morning felt like a good 8 at least. I'm thinking I'm going to have to revamp my goals down here for the next few months, and see where I am come fall. I don't know... ask me again in a week.

No comments: