Saturday, March 10, 2012

Join me for the Jelly Bean!

Run With Jess is hosting a fun virtual race. Seeing as I am feeling a bit lost at the moment about where I currently live - I figured a virtual race is about my speed! Looks like a lot of fun!


Here's the scoop from the official entry site:

Celebrate Spring by racing with me in the 
2nd annual Jelly Bean virtual race!
~FREE TO ENTER~

What's a virtual race?  A virtual race is running a specified distance (timed) without being present in the actual race location.

DATE:  Anytime during Easter week, April 1-8, 2012 (Sunday-to-Sunday)

LOCATION:  Pick your favorite local route or just hop on a treadmill.

EVENTS:  Choose the event that works best for your current fitness level.
- Run 5K (3.1 miles)
- Run 10K  (6.2 miles)
- Run Half-Marathon (13.1 miles)
- Bike 21K (13 miles)
You may participate in more than one event. Earn 1 point for each event completed.

Local Peoria participants, please RSVP here.


RESULTS: Report your final race time(s) no later than Tuesday, April 10 at 12:00 noon CST. This is a fun race; no Garmin/treadmill photo required to verify your time.  No reason to cheat your time; prizes are all random.  Input your time on the spreadsheet or e-mail it to runwithjess@comcast.net.

PRIZES:  By participating, you earn points into the raffle drawing to win prizes from the Jelly Bean's great sponsors.
    1pt - Submit your final race time
    1pt - Submit a photo from your Jelly Bean race *
    1pt - Your photo contains a friend!  Encourage someone else to run!
    2pts - Wear one of the new "Heart & Sole" shirts available here

Official shirt of the 2012 Jelly Bean
Short-sleeve -OR- Sleeveless

* Prize for Best Photo/Costume... If you know me, I love fun costumes and I love photos! So there will be a special prize pack for my favorite photo!! 

 
Go sign up! Its free! You can't lose! I signed up for the 5K, 10K and Half (although this might be a stretch for me in the HEAT, but I'm gonna try!)
 

No comments: