Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fat Penguin Running (Feb 2012 Recap)

Eddy is doing a little jig this morning (or a penguin waddle!). Second month of 2012 has hit the books with my second consecutive 100 mile month. Notably, all these miles are OUTSIDE road miles in Wisconsin. If that doesn't make me part penguin, I don't even know what. Like a fat penguin running (which if I could embed this video I would - it is totally worth clicking the link!). 






Garmin Log January - February 2012:



 Count: 40 Activities
 Distance: 204.84 mi
 Time: 39:28:28 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 5,081 ft
 Avg Speed: 5.2 mph
 Avg HR: 150 bpm
 Calories: 28,448 C



What blows my mind about this is not only that I ran 200 miles so far this year but that somehow I've even gained weight doing it! Look at all those calories I have burned! Imagine for a moment, what I've been eating to actually be gaining weight on top of all that running. Good grief, that's terrible. Step Away from the sugar!!!

But back on the positive side, I've run over 39 hours in 40 outings. Pretty cool. Considering I haven't even been running a year yet, I'm pretty stoked with what I've accomplished. Onward and upward!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

it's not about what you weigh. it's all about how healthy you are