Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 Things Thursday - Focus, Focus, Focus

1. Focus. This blog used to be just a place for Eddy's rants and raves. It took a turn at weight loss and another turn at running. Today, I need it to be about Eddy again. Eddy's focus. I've been in a strange and unfamiliar place the past two weeks. I've lost my focus. The only thing I have kept up with is the training, but the diet, the cross training, the good mojo has slipped away. More than ever, my mind has slipped into that scary "Why am I doing this?"place and I am scaring myself.

2. Focus. It is ok. It could be so much worse. The things that have taken my focus from me are ultimately good things. Things that will put Eddy and her family in a better place with a better future. But it is not without change and the anxiety related to that change has eaten away from my usual big picture - "every little things, gonna be  alright" mentality. It is ok for Eddy to struggle. It is ok if I gain a couple of pounds back. It is ok to feel overwhelmed. I've come a long way, and this is all about growth and strength, mental and physical.



3. Focus. Valentines Day is right around the corner. This has got me thinking about love and flowers and sweets and all things Hallmark. I'm not a huge Valentines fan, but it is nice to have a reminder to do something special for the one we love. Hubs and Eddy have the same love language - we are both Acts of Service people. We do things. We try to keep up our ends of the bargain. I launder Hub's shirts, he takes out the trash. I destroy things, he fixes them. We are ying and yang. We try to get time alone for date nites and the such, but with my focus issues (see above), I've been taking my stress out on Hubs. I need to focus not only on Acts of Service but the other love languages as well. Focus on us.Awwww.....


1 comment:

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

I find I lose focus when my routine becomes, well, a routine! Maybe you need a little change ;)

I'm not big on Valentines day, but do find it nice that in having hectic lives there is one day that makes us stop and just appreciate each other.