Monday, January 16, 2012

Watch your Habits for they become your Character (Week 7 Training Recap)

I'm adding a day to the week. I will dub this day, the "Long Run Day". This day can be added to any given week during winter training when the weather, injury or other diversion keeps you from your long run at its normally scheduled programming. After being challenged finding a surface to run on, see below... and making the executive decision to call it quits at 4.5 miles, I DVRed my long run for today by adding "Long Run Day" to this week.

 Caption: "I'm pretty sure this is dumb."

Deviating from the training plan is a first for me. I don't do it. Discipline is my middle name.But, considering my race isn't scheduled until a month AFTER my training ends, I figure I can add my new day - Long Run Day - into my plan and the world won't end. I also realized that by looking ahead that this upcoming week of training is a taper week, with no long run scheduled. Thus, I could add Long Run Day without any serious repercussions.

Thanks to Nutrition Divas for a great reminder on hydration for athletes! A lovely mention for yours truly. 

Enough explanations? Its a done deal. And really, does anyone care but me? Probably not!

So onto the stats:
 Count: 6 Activities
 Distance: 27.22 mi
 Time: 5:29:54 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 704 ft
 Avg Speed: 5.0 mph
 Avg HR: 149 bpm
 Calories: 3,649 C

Weight you ask? I'm down 4 lbs from my post holidays high. It is what it is.

And in other news, it was a lovely weekend for a date night and a matinee. I'm going to boast here. I love this pic. I don't see this girl yet, so its nice to see her in the camera lens. Plus, I love Eno Vino. Great nite!


 Hubs and Eddy headed out to the Sundance Cinemas and caught Meryl Streep in amazing form as Margaret Thatcher this afternoon. There are lots of quotable moments in the film, but this one resonated clearly with this Brooker (thank you Stony Brook for imprinting motto "Character Before Career" on my life)...

"Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become...habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny! What we think we become."- Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.

















No comments: