Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting to know Mr. Treadmill (Week 8 Training Recap)

Snow. Sleet. Brutal wind chills. Puddles full of sloppy mixed nastiness. Rain. Wind. More Snow.

I'm not a fan. I am a fan of hot chocolate with gingerbread marshmallows topped with Hershey's syrup though... Yummo!


I'm getting to be better friends with Mr. Treadmill. Who I have spent more time getting to know this past week than ever. Thankfully, it was a taper week - just maintaining base mileage- before the training ramps up again next week.


 Count: 4 Activities
 Distance: 20.22 mi
 Time: 3:52:12 h:m:s
 Elevation Gain: 62 ft
 Avg Speed: 5.2 mph
 Avg HR: 150 bpm
 Calories: 2,794 C




As a follow up to my Three Things Thursday post last week, my mind is still churning but I am in a more peaceful place about potential changes (or not as the case may be). I credit my super laid back Hubs for keeping his and my cool. And a lovely relaxed weekend with the girls to center myself. On Saturday we took the kids out in the snow, where Eddy channeled her inner preschooler and made snow angels, ice cream snow cones and dragged them around the neighborhood on the sled. Yeah, that's me, in Hub's Carhartts. Sexy!


(As an aside...my Garmin RSS feed to the left of this post doesn't feed activities that don't have the GPS on. Strange glitch with the Garmin that I don't understand, but the short of it is that if I didn't run outside, the run doesn't show on that RSS feed. But rest assured, I did in fact, log my miles this week!)


1 comment:

Erik said...

And you didn't even count the mile out and back to Grammy's house while pulling a sled full of toddlers.