Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas (Week 3 Training Recap)


This holiday greeting is brought to you by Kathleen Turner, ahem, no, rather, Mara - sounding like Kathleen Turner. As luck would have it, the fates heard the my college bestie was on her way to Mad-town for a visit. Murphy's law dictates that whenever you have lots of super cool plans that snot must immediately arrive in your sinuses, and thusly, it did. It is a good thing that this particular bestie is very familiar with the Mara ala Kathleen Turner, and did not blink an eyelash when she sailed down the escalator at Dane Regional Airport and encountered a slightly less than human moi. Let the good times roll!

Despite all the diversions this week, water slides, wine bars, bedazzlement and squirrels.. I was still able to fit in all my runs. Add the flu to that week, and I am SUPER DUPER proud that I got all my miles logged. When I got back from my long 9 miles on Friday, hubs looked at me, and said: "Are you for real?" I looked and felt like death warmed over apparently.

Put this week in the DONE column. I'm looking forward to week 4, which includes all easy runs. We started our 3 month Groupon at the local fitness center this week. Today I had my free personal training session with, as luck would have it, their triathlon coach. The trainer was awesome and I feel so invigorated at all the things that I want to try - not only at the gym - but in addition to running. Rather than be intimidated, I felt encouraged that I can get on any machine at the gym and just - well Nike got it right - do it.

My Garmin stats for the week:

Distance: 23 miles
Time: 4:51:43
Calories: 3,315

Honest? I didn't even get on the scale this morning. I knew it was going to be bad. Food continues to be a challenge for me these past few weeks. I'm giving myself too much leeway given the training. I believe I will be joining the ranks of those making New Years Resolutions this year.

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family. I hope the season brings you peace, joy and laughter. 




































No comments: