Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello Monday!! I'm back!!

Woo Hoo!

Today I start my next THING. 14 week half marathon training starts today.

Day 1. Rest and/or Cross Training.

Huh?

I'm all psyched up, and I'm cross training. Ah well. I need to do that as well, so I will. Not sure yet if it will be strength training or some cardio boxing, but I've got to do something. Too much food in this belly, gotta get moving!

I am so super excited to be sharing this training with two great supportive friends. These are internet friends - we've never actually met - although we've known each other for over 4 years now. We met up in an internet group for mommy's that had babies due in February 2008, and now, here we are, Facebook friends, and running friends, almost 4 years later. These are the gals who are always "liking" my random facebook posts, supported me thru the weight loss, encouraged me in my running, and kept me going when I thought no one was listening.

I am so excited to be doing this training with them!

I'm also going to put another weight loss goal out there. The half marathon training plan in 14 weeks. I would like to lose 1 lbs a week during this training. Honestly, I'll be thrilled if I lose 10 lbs, but I'm going to make the goal 15 lbs. This is going to be hard. But I've got to get my diet under control or all this training will be for naught. I can't expect to get fitter and faster if I don't give this body some decent fuel to work with.

Here goes. Half Marathon and 15 lbs. I'll be checking in on Mondays. So happy to be back!

Next up, find an actual half marathon to run. Hmmmm....

First up, the New Years Day Dash (5 miles). Send me warm weather!

No comments: