Monday, September 26, 2011

Play!

I am a firm believer in play. And given the sort of state of euphoria that I've been living in over the past few months, play, has become a mantra. I am making up for lost time in the play department, so please forgive my juvenile behavior.

Over the weekend, the worldwide day of play was celebrated. At the our house, we learned this due to our Nick Jr. being unavailable. No cable. No Olivia! No Bubble Guppies! We were meant to send our kids outside to enjoy the afternoon playing.

Right now, I love that. Lets all turn off our regularly scheduled activities and play! Try something new. Do something fun. Laugh. Run. Play.

I'm playing every day these days. I still work. Work hard, play hard. But play is now a priority. I play at running. I play at horse back riding. I play at P90X. I play on date nite. I play at shopping. I play. Maybe I should be more serious. Maybe I should be more mature. Maybe. But I hope that by playing, I keep my soul and spirit happy and young and teach my girls that play is an essential part of life.

This week recap of running:
Count: 3 Activities
Distance: 15.39 mi
Time: 2:34:24 h:m:s
Elevation Gain: 340 ft
Avg Speed: 6.0 mph
Avg HR: 153 bpm
Calories: 2,031 C

I also did two P90 sculpt / Abs routines on non-running days.

I had an awesome riding lesson on Friday. Riding as an adult is such a different thing. I can finally let my nerves go and just focus on the nuances of my connection with the horse. I had my horse "on the bit" for at least a portion of my lesson which was an absolute first for me. I can't wait to ride again and ride more!

Happy Birthday to my favorite playmate. I love you babe.

2 comments:

Erik said...

I'm a lucky man....

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

Don't you think the world would be a far better place if people just took a moment to play? Stop and play.......love it!