Friday, September 16, 2011

Intention

Intention. This word, spoken at my riding lesson this week, has resonated with me. Living with intention. Moving with intention. Thinking about where you want to go and then shifting your gut to point that way. The amazing thing about riding is that if you are centered, if you have intention, the horse will know, instinctively, and follow.

Every action evokes a response. Know what response you want and then ask for it. Intend it to happen.

I’d like to think that I’ve brought some attention back to intention in the past year. To look forward with an idea of what I want to feel like, what I want to look like, who I might be able to be. I am shifting my weight, shifting my posture, shifting my center.

I’ve exhaled. I’ve sank into my heels. I feel the weight in my ground. I am thinking forward. I am full of intention. I’m not sure where I am going to end up, but I have intention to move forward from here.

No comments: