Monday, August 8, 2011

Mara circa 1995

This week is a study in contrasts. I was so good Monday thru Thursday. I was eating well, working out twice a day and was seeing the scale drop. It felt good and as you can tell from my previous post, I was feeling victorious.

Whoops. Don't celebrate so soon! A couple of carb heavy meals, an extra cookie and I've bounced back too easily.

Weight loss this week: None, nada, zilch, nil.
Weight loss to date: 95 lbs
Weight til next goal: 5 lbs

My body likes this weight. I've pretty much shed the fat that exists everywhere except my belly. Granted, the belly is shrinking, but it is stubborn! This is the fat that I first put on. The fat that has been with me the longest.


1994 with Linda in Austria


1996 Jeans-in-Motion w/ Felix

It is the most "attached" and it is certainly the most reluctant to go. I am committed to seeing you go belly-fat, so you should just accept your fate. Whether it happens this month, or the next, the time will come and you will relinquish your hold on my core muscles. I promise I will conquer you.

I'm skinnier now than I was when I graduated high school. I've got to channel my inner teenager and call on some youthful energy to rid this belly from my body!

My little toe is a blister and my Achilles tendons are aching. I am going to need to find something to do so I don't run myself into the ground.

My running stats this week:
Distance: 22.29 mi
Time: 04:31:36 h:m:s
Calories: 2,896 C

Perhaps I should go back to the basics and hula it off?


Mara at Emerald Isle 1984


2 comments:

robbi:) said...

That last little bit is the toughest! Push yourself doubletime like never before... You've come really really far... Only 5 more girl! You have been an inspiration!

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

You've Got This!!! And hula is a great workout!!!