Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Light at the End


"...I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."

Well folks, I am coming to the light at the end of the Lincoln Tunnel and there are all sorts of thoughts swirling around my head this week....

Like:

What to wear for my AFTER pictures

Whether to keep my size 14 clothes

If Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 in shocking PURPLE was the right choice

How I can kick it up, another notch

How to celebrate a 3 digit weight loss


and most importantly - what the heck do I do next?

Now, this is all premature of course, cause I haven't actually REACHED my goal as of yet. But I am going to just take it as a given that it will happen.

Whose coming to Madison to party like its 2011?!

How would you celebrate the end of a year-long life-changing journey?

And then, there is a sadness, of waking up the next morning and knowing that I will battle these demons the rest of my life. It is easier now that I know I can beat them. Easier but not easy.

I am still pondering my next step. I've got some time to figure it out. I suspect it won't be quite as significant as my last goal but perhaps a lot more meaningful.

I want to say also that blogging this year has been tremendous for me. It has brought me back in touch with old friends that I may not have otherwise reconnected with. It has brought me perspective on my impact to my family and my community. It has centered my ego so that I realize that there is so much that goes on that has nothing to do with me. I can only control a small fraction of the forces that will determine my destiny. At least now, I've got control of one of them.

I've made new friends. Friends that have encouraged me even if only thru a thumbs up or a comment about reading my blog. I'm not good at making new friends so I really value this development the most.

And mostly, I just want to say Thank You for sticking with me. I've been a broken record on here and I am frankly astounded by how many of you kept with me week after week.

Until Monday,
Mara

Ps. 3 lbs to GO!

No comments: