Monday, August 1, 2011

95 Down - 5 to Go!!! Go! Go!



Please forgive me while I toot my own horn. I am going to get a bit 'pep talky' today. I need to do a sort of accounting to remind myself where I've been and where I want to be. You see, it is August 1st (which makes me want to scream, btw...) and I've got a month left before my arbitrary deadline to lose 100 lbs. Only a month left to lose what is going to be the hardest 5 lbs to lose. I am going to do my darndest, but you know, (putting on my Stuart Smalley voice), I've already won (and gosh darn it, people like me.) Winning! I'm winning, you see, and here's why:

I've lost 95 lbs.
I have lost an average of 7.9 lbs per month
I've lost a total of 30 inches
I've got a 34 inch waist for the first time in my adult life
I've lost a total of 34.5% of my body weight.
I've lost 6 pants sizes (26 to 12, is that 6 or 12 pants sizes? Who the heck knows..)
I've lost 5 shirt sizes (3X to L)

I've had a physical. My blood pressure, my cholesterol, my blood tests, everything is normal.

And the small victories:

I am not afraid.
I am engaged in my life.
I feel like I can control my own reality.
Lesson learned: if you don't like, change it.
I want to do things instead of sitting on the couch.
I feel alive (the synapses are firing, be afraid!)
Oh, and I can wear a killer pair of heels and even walk (before you add alcohol) in them! Have I mentioned I am pretty proud of my legs right now?

Some mantras that I am hoping will get me thru the remainder of my journey:

I want to be long and lean and lose all this stuff in between.

One foot in front of the other.

I got this.


Weight loss this week: 1.5 lbs
Weight loss to date: 95 lbs
Weight till goal: 5 lbs

Running Stats this week:

Distance: 18.00 mi
Time: 04:33:13 h:m:s
Avg HR: 132 bpm
Calories: 2,533 C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toot away, you deserve it. (By the way, I love this photo of you...)

My favorite thing is hearing of these small triumphs, like the high heels, and the firing synapses. I have to disagree with one, though: Not being afraid. That, my dear, is a huge victory... Maybe even the biggest. That's pure gold, it's the stuff I'm after.
Congratulations again and love and blessings to you and your family,
Lily