Sunday, August 21, 2011

100 Pounds Lost

This is the blog post that I've been longing to write for a year now. The big YAY ME blog post where I joyously declare:

I've LOST 100 lbs!!!! I DID IT!

There is a little story that goes behind this momentous weigh in. I really (really really) wanted to hit the 100 lbs mark before we leave for vacation. We leave tomorrow. So this morning I said a little prayer, dragged my sorry tired butt out of bed, and after a few first morning rituals, climbed on the scale.

176.

Oh, HELL NO. (I've never actually said the number, but 175 was the goal).

Ok, now what? One pound? How can I get this pound off? I strip down to my birthday suit and tenatively step back on the scale.

175.

I DID IT. I DID IT. Doing a little Dora The Explorer dance. Wait. I need proof.

Grab Erik's camera, step back on the scale.

177.

UGH. QUICK! Put camera down!!!!

Step back on scale.

174.5 lbs



Grab camera, CLICK! Saved for posterity as proof. A rush of emotion, a little bit of - OMG - I never actually thought - I can't believe it is true - who the heck am I? - moment.

Then upstairs to see my girlies and say good morning. Despite all the change I am so thankful that there are some things that stay the same.

Photo shoot and celebration to come. I am just soaking in this day.

3 comments:

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

Can I say I cried reading this? Never doubted you one bit. You my dear, have inspired me beyond belief. I can't wait to see what the next year brings you! Congratulations!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Congratulations! Amazing job losing 100 pounds--and just in time for vacation, perfect!
:)

Jody M. said...

Congratulations !!!
I am so proud of you !!!