Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Never Say Never


Just taking a lunch break to jot down my thoughts. It is a gorgeous day out and I just want to go out there and run to the park and lay in the sun. Alas, I am working and in my basement, but you know, a girl can dream...

My body is changing. I can feel it gearing up for the next drop in the scales. The running has really changed up how my body is responding. No longer just excercising I would actually call this "training", in the proper athletic sense of the word. I am pushing myself and I am not entirely sure where the motivation is coming from. I've graduated from just thinking about running, to running in PUBLIK, to considering (nutzo!) signing up for a 5K. Who knew 5K was only 3.1 miles?! For some reason, I thought it was a lot longer than that. Considering I am running 2.5 miles with relative (HA!) ease, I think a 5K isn't unimaginable. I never thought. I never knew. I never... well, hmmm. All this just makes you wonder what could be if I hadn't said never.

So onto my favorite topic. SHOPPING! My fabulous best friend gifted me a Banana Republic credit, God bless her. I can't wait to take that little bit of plastic out on Friday and see what sizes this crazy body fits into these days. Just randomly a couple of weeks ago I tried on my mother's (too big for her) size 12 jeans. Would you believe I got them on?! My SZ 14 are large now, I can pull my jeans on and off without undoing the buttons (that's HOT).

I've donated all my plus size clothes except 1 pair of pants that I intend to do a classic pic with in August when I achieve my goal. Watch this space.

The official measurements since Mid-January (approximately 40lbs ago)

Waist: - 5 inches
Hips: - 6 inches
Chest: - 7 inches
Thigh: - 1 inches (this has fluctuated as I've lost fat and gained muscle)
Calf: + 1 inch (muscle gain)
Bicep: Zilch (also fluctuated w/ fat loss and muscle gain)

2 comments:

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

Baaaaaaaaa! I love this post! I so want you to do a 5k!! You got it girl!! I can't wait to see your before and after pics in August. Keep up the good work!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Awesome! Such huge changes and definitely run a 5k!!
:)