Monday, May 23, 2011

The Mind Boggles

What a week! I'm tired just thinking about it. And sore. Did I mention sore? SORE!

I ran. Monday. Wednesday. Friday. 3.7 miles each time I was out. 5K? Oh yeah baby.

I swam. Actually dragged my butt down to the pool, pushed all this non-chlorine damaged hair into a swim cap, and streamlined myself into some laps.

I danced. I am still trying to do the Wii Golds Gym Dance Workout periodically so not to lose the muscles that I've used with it.

I even worked out with Erik. Looks like hubby is jumping on the bandwagon. He wants to do more strength building which of course, isn't something that I have naturally gravitated towards. (Us gals love our cardio!) So, now I've signed this weary saggy body up for some Tony Horton pain. 90 days start today and end, coincidentally at the end of August, very close to the one year anniversary of my start of this journey and my desired goal date for 100 lbs lost.

Changing it up is good! I think I am going to have to keep challenging different muscles with different activities in order not to fall into a comfort zone. I've still got so much toning to do. Granted I am fitting into sizes I can't ever remember wearing (Sz. 12 pants!!! OMG! and just LARGE tops. LARGE. Not EXTRA LARGE, XXL or the 3X I was wearing at the beginning of all this....)

It is just so crazy. My Mom says she isn't seeing the same person. Part of me always saw this person, so its hard to believe there has been as much change as there has been.

For example, some staggering statistics:
I've lost 32% of my body weight in the last 9 months.
I've lost an average of 9 lbs per month.
I've dropped 5 shirt sizes (3X to L)
I've dropped 5 pants sizes (24 to 12)
I've dropped an entire shoe size (9.5 to 8.5)

The mind boggles. Sort of like my oldest child in this picture. HUH?




And this week's weigh in:

Weight loss this week: 2.5 lbs
Total loss to date: 87.5 lbs
Weight til 100 lbs goal: 12.5 lbs

It is so close I can practically SMELL it. One foot in front of the other. I've got THIS!

2 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Congrats on your transformation! You'll get that 100 in no time! Good luck!

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

You continue to amaze me! I wish my hubby would work out with me! And that picture of X is adorable! Keep on trucking.....I know you are going to meet and EXCEED that goal of yours!