Monday, May 9, 2011

Just 'Cause


Finally. That is all I have to say. I have been bumping around this weight for several weeks now, but keep popping up a couple of pounds on my Monday weigh in. Darn weekends!!

Anyhow, happy to report:

Weight loss this week: 4 lbs
Total loss to date: 85 lbs
Weight to lose til next (and final, I think) goal: 15 lbs

I have slowed down my running this week as I realized I was pushing myself too hard too fast. After my run on Friday my body was just YELLING at me. In addition to my hip hurting, my calves burned right down into my achilles heel and it scared me. So, I took a couple of days off this week, did at least one cardio boxing workout, and rode my bike twice as well.

Even in my youth and fittest time of my life, I was never a high impact person. I was a swimmer and a long distance one at that. My body never liked being slammed into the the pavement. And it certainly doesn't seem to like the pavement any more today. But I will keep on keepin on.

A note on the picture. As my toddler would say: "Why Cause?" I respond: "Just Cause."

Off to my run. Just Cause.

4 comments:

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

Wow! Great weight loss this week. You are so close to your goal. What is your treat once you reach it? Keep up the great work!!!

agirlcallededdy said...

Hmmm. 100 lb reward is up for debate. For a long time I've been lusting after a new LeVian ring. I got my right hand Levian for 50lbs, and kept telling hubby that the left hand ring (which was modest since we were poor when we got married) needed an upgrade. But you know now, I am not sure that is the best thing to spend my reward on. Perhaps a trip to palm trees w/ a Nanny is a better option.. ??

Jenn @ A Runner's Road said...

I think someplace where you can flaunt your new beach body is an excellent idea! Look into the FDR Resort in Jamaica.....your stay includes a nanny!

agirlcallededdy said...

You are dangerous Jenn!!!