Monday, March 14, 2011


The sun set around 7pm yesterday. It may still be freezing, and yes, there is snow on the ground, but one of these days it will be spring. It is a long time coming this year.

Weight loss this week: 1 lb
Total loss to date: 76 lbs

The weight loss is slowing down. I knew it would happen. I've been plugging away loving the steady drop of several pounds of week. But, I knew these last 25 lbs were going to be a challenge.

Last week, in my goal reaching euphoria, I took my body measurements. As a comparison to where I was in mid-January, I've logged the following stats:

Waist = -3 inches
Hips = -4 inches
Chest = -3 inches
Thigh = -1.5 inches
Calf = No change (started skinny, stayed skinny)
Bicep = No change

Today, I am going to start running. Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Awesome job Mara! I have been running and I would really recommend the Couch to 5K program. You can download it to iTunes for free, upload it to your Mp3 player and go for it. It eases you into running to allow your joints to cope. I have little issue cardiovascularly to run, but my poor old legs, carrying too much weight, have been harder to deal with.

agirlcallededdy said...

Thanks Karyn! I ran 2.7 miles in 20minutes today (on the Wii, not actually outside in the real world), and I was surprised it was as easy as it way. I think the cardio boxing has gotten me a lot fitter than I expected! I am going to keep going and see if I can get my confidence up and actually run out in the real world!