Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Xanthe June!





Dear Xanthe June,

Today is your third birthday! It is super exciting but I am not sure that you truly understand what it means, exactly. A birthday is the anniversary of the day that you were born. We've been telling you that your birthday "is coming up", "is this week", "is Friday", "is January 28th". What it really means is that we are celebrating the beginning of the 4th year of your life, and that you, my little princess, have already been alive for 3 years.

A birthday makes your Mommy think of a lot of things. I remember with piercing emotional clarity the day before, the morning of, and the moment of your birth. I remember the fear and elation, the joy and the pride. Your Mommy & Daddy were full of awesome wonder that day, anticipating all the dreams, happiness and laughter you would bring to our lives. And we had only a hint of how impactful you would be to our family and our love.

And here you are. Our little princess. You never cease to surprise us with your frank assessments and impromptu declarations. You are sweet and sassy. This week you love, Super Why, pink, chocolate, dancing, peanutbutter sandwiches and dresses. Next week it will all be different. You never cease to surprise us. You are my big girl. My mini-me, my heart and my reasons.

This year for your birthday, you got your big girl bedroom. You also shared Disney Princess cupcakes with your friends at "school" (we love you Capitoland!). You partied with Grammy & Gramps.

Today, you will get lots of kisses and cuddles. Continue being a good listener. Try to remember to tell us when you need to use the potty, and soon, you will be able to take those dance lessons like you asked.

We love you.

Mommy, Daddy & Porter Caroline

No comments: