Monday, January 24, 2011

Classic Blunders


Not sure why, but this quote has popped into my head this slightly headachy, rather well sated Monday morning:

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia," but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Or in my case...

Never pig out at the Melting Pot when you weigh in is the following morning! [laughs maniacally and then falls over dead]


Weigh in:

Weight loss this week: +1 (yep that's right folks, +++++++1)
Total loss to date: 63.5lbs

Reasons I am not beating myself up about this:

1. I had a fantastic time last night and I knew that my weigh in was going to suffer. You just can't eat cheese fondu, lobster, chocolate fondu and a whole bottle of merlot and not suffer some consequences....

2. I busted my butt this week. Every single day I woke up with sore core muscles. I can feel my body changing. My boobs are disappearing - no joke - my bra size has gone down 4 band sizes and 2 cup sizes. My legs are feeling great and my tummy, very stubbornly, is shrinking. So, a pound weight gain doesn't really impact me in the grand scheme of things.

3. The Marshals fitting room is my friend. I fit into some snazzy looking dresses last Wednesday afternoon. The first size 14 dress on my body in like, oh, 15 years. That victory prompted a little mini fashion show in my own closet, and that silly JJill velvet dress that I have transported to and from 4 different states finally fits again. Might not ever wear it, but I could if I wanted to.

So, Mr. Scale, you can't bring me down. I will get past this plateau. And just because the Princess Bride is the best movie ever:

Once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people begin to disobey you, and then it's nothing but work, work, work all the time.

You mock my pain!

Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.

No comments: