Monday, December 20, 2010

Labor

I am not in much of a celebratory mood, despite the impending holiday and continued success on the scale:

Weight loss this week: 3.5 lbs
Total weight loss to date: 57 lbs

Yesterday morning my stomach seized up. I spent the day fluctuating between nausea and cramps. Chills rolled like waves over my body. Each movement warranted considerable deliberation. I was down. I was out.

The last time I felt like this - I was in labor with Xanthe. Now granted these are not usual labor symptoms, but my experience was a bit different. I got sick in labor, fever, stress, nausea... well, and of course, cramps aka contractions. Yesterday ranked up there with labor and gall bladder attacks on the pain/misery scale.

I am still not 100%. I sort of feel like my stomach got punched, repeatedly... and now I am just sore, burning, achy and have no energy whatsoever. Any weight loss right now is because I don't have the moxy to lift a spoon, not cause I am endeavoring on some great aerobic adventure.

Ugh... time to return to the fetal position....

No comments: