Monday, December 6, 2010

Dove Diversions


I don't have much to report after last weeks hip-hip-horray-me, I've lost 50 lbs.

My official is:

Weight loss this week: 3 lbs
Weight loss to date: 50 lbs

Things that have crossed my mind recently....

It is awfully self absorbed to be contantly posting on here about my weight loss journey. I am amazed and sort of shocked at the bountiful support I have received. I don't expect anyone to read this as it is all for my own accountability, but wow, am I lucky to have such wonderful support. And if you don't read, and don't care, no skin off my back. I just got to keep at this. If I miss a post, something is up.

....

I wonder why I vascilate so wildly between knowing what I want in life and having no idea. Is this adulthood? As a young adult, it is perfectly acceptable to being living but not really sure what you are doing. What about now? Mid-30's and I haven't a clue. Some days I like my job. Some days I don't. I dream about doing something else - but ask me what? I have no idea. Maybe I should have finished law school. Maybe I should have gone on for a masters in education. Maybe I should work at the Lancome counter. And I have to wonder, will I ever figure it out? What will light my fire?

....

Some fantastic toddlerisms as of late...

"Wokels" (Waffles)

Mommy says to X: "If you are lucky you might get to watch Super Why on the IPAD."
"I lucky."

and so she was...

"What dis?"
Daddy answers - "prunes"
"Oh, frunes... I like dis. Not Applecot?"
"No, not apricots."

....

Oh, and I bought the boots. I also bought new jeans (size 16 OMG!). I have waterproofed the boots, which means, I suppose, that I am keeping them. I am just sort of still on the fence. My trouble is that we don't own a full length mirror (hello - does that just illustrate the state of my weight denial or what?). Thus, I really don't know if I like the whole ensam(ble) yet. I am threatening to have Erik take some pics of me. I fear I will look like a some sort of Fair food-on-a-stick, like a Dove ice cream bar or something (still got food on the brain).

.... and the brain continues off in other divergent ways...

Thank you to my husband for a lovely fodue dippin date on Friday night....

No comments: