Monday, November 1, 2010

The shakes


Time to get down to business:

Loss this week: 3lbs
Total loss to date: 38lbs

My real hope was to hit that 40lbs mark. Earlier this week, the weight seem to be sliding off, a pound a day! This seems to happen to me about every 3rd week. My body revs up and with relative ease, I will drop those pesky LBs.

But, in case you haven't heard, we celebrated the sugar induced holiday, Halloween this week. And I specifically say week, because it appears that Halloween has become a multiple function event. There are fall festivals, zoo boo, mall trick or treating, trunk or treat, and then, the good old fashioned house to house bit that I remember from my own childhood.

This is not to say that we are big fans of Halloween at the Lewis house. We are not. But, I cannot see cutting out the ritual entirely, and thus, we did take Xanthe house to house last night. She LOVED it. I cannot overstate this. She mastered the knocking-look-cute-trick-or-treat-thank-you-happy-halloween scene with ease. The maniacal grin when her basket had two treats was priceless. "I have treats Mommy!" Makes the heart melt... (in you mouth not in your hand)

Clearly, Halloween, and holidays for that matter, are not designed for the dieter. I cannot tell you the self restraint I had to employ to walk past the basket of Snickers, Mounds, Reeses, 3 Musketeers and Whoopers that inhabited our house for the past 10 days. It was my fault, I bought it. Add to that, that I am home, alone, staring that that basket all week.... it was enough to give the girl the shakes.

I even baked cookies.

I ate 5.

2 Pillsbury bake at home pumpkin sugar cookies on Saturday. 3 in a sugar craze rage yesterday afternoon. But I did not, I repeat - DID NOT - open any piece of sugary goodness contained in a shiny foil wrapper. (Argh. Shaking!)

Next up. Turkey Day. A whole different type of temptation.

No comments: