Monday, November 15, 2010

How did I do that?

Coooooooooooooold Monday morning. No more denial that winter is here. Maybe it is the fact that I've been either pregnant or nursing for the past 4 winters (making me insulated, glowing and warmer) but this year it seems really cold to me. Like add another comforter to the bed and brrr... how about a comforter while I watch TV?

The news:

Weight loss this week: 4 lbs (not sure HOW I did that - I swear I've been eating)
Total loss to date: 44 lbs

A couple of minor accomplishments. This won't sound like much, but they are emotional victories. There is a local brewery not far from our house here in Madison. We like to go there. When it opened about 9 months ago, I wasn't sure I was going to like eating there, cause the tables seems short, and the chairs tall, and well frankly, I didn't fit under the table well. It was uncomfortable - and this was the table, not even the booth!

We headed over there on Saturday night to have dinner with the girls, and I was leaning back rubbing Porter's back, and realized - not only am I sitting comfortably at this table, but I am sitting comfortably with my legs crossed. I couldn't cross my legs like, what 20 lbs ago. It isn't much, but man, does it feel good.

And in other news, my black LL Bean field coat that I haven't worn in 4 winters, but couldn't bear to donate, fits again. It is big and comfy, just like it was when I bought it, at the LL Bean outlet in Concord NH, oh, like 6 years ago.

Bring on the turkey - I am soooooooooo ready for you!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Good job Mara. Your blog has really motivated me to get back on track and lose that last pesky 20lbs that I want to be free of. Weight Watchers and exercise are in my immediate future. You guys need to come visit your TX family soon! You will always have a free place to stay and cousins for the girls to play with. Plus it's warm here in the winter.

Leslie Ober said...

Woohoo!! :) Those may seem like small things, but they aren't! Way to go!!You are doing SO well. I'm so happy for you!! :)