Monday, October 11, 2010

Sorrow

It was a successful week on the diet front, the official weigh in is (note to self, stop weighing yourself every day, now you are depressed that you gained a pound over the weekend despite losing 5 since last monday!):

Loss this week: 5 lbs
Total loss to date: 30 lbs

A couple of notes on my Mara makeover. My Food Diary is helping a lot. There have been a couple of days, particularly when I excercise, that I haven't been eating enough calories to keep my metabolism in the peak burning range. If you don't eat enough, your body will start to shut down thinking that you are starving. I am not starving so best I make sure my body knows.

My nuclear hair procedure on Friday was great. I was super excited and left proclaiming - "They're dead! They're dead!(the hairs on my chinny chin chin) Are dead!" The process itself was very quick. Cool the treated area. Wear some goggles. Zap zap. It was a little prick, like what you might think an acupunture needle feels like. I was totally fine until she did my upper lip. Holy mackerel! That was pain. My eyes started watering. But it was over quickly and I go back in a month to do it again. So far, so good!

Weighing on my heart is the news that we received on Friday evening. Erik's beloved grandfather left us in his sleep. Grandad was one of Erik's best friends, and formative in the creation of the man that I love today. As Erik said - he had a gentle strength - a quality that I see also in Erik. Grandad and Grandma had an life long love affair. I adored that she sat on his lap as she told their story to me (can't remember the last time I've sat on Erik's lap!)- still madly in love all these years later. That is a marriage to emulate.

Porter & Xanthe have another very special angel watching over them now. Peace to those who mourn for Grandad is now lving at the beginning of the road instead of the "end of the road" (as they affectionally refer to their place at the top of the mountain in Flintstone MD).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute you wrote for Erik's Grandfather. I am sorry to hear of your loss. You, Erik and his family will be in my prayers.

-Lily