Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My (new) Food Diary

Having reached my first goal (-25 lbs), I am taking a moment to evaluate how better to attack the next 25 lbs. Since August 30, 2010, I have been writing down every thing that passes my lips. I have been doing this in an elementary fashion, literally typing what I eat into a Word document. It is now 11 pages long.

After surfing some weight loss blogs, I happened across a well reviewed website, My Food Diary and I signed up for a free trial. So far, I like what I see. The food database is extensive. It is an easy way to count calories, and it even tells you how many more calories you can consume to maintain, lose 1.5lbs or 2lbs per week. You can also log excercise and body details.

Best part? Little smiley faces that the daily report gives you when you have a good day. I like positive feedback. Smiley faces work great, but if for some reason, they just want to start sending a "happy person paycheck" in addition, I would welcome that as well.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sounds great. Let us know how you like it!