Monday, October 4, 2010

Indy 6 hour race!


Wow. I think a Monday morning has never hit me so hard. This weekend we drove to Indy to meet up with a group of families from all over the states (Vermont, South Carolina, Virginia, Ohio and Indiana) that have little ones born in Feb. 2008. The weekend was jammed pack full of toddler friendly fun, and Xanthe June didn't stop the whole weekend. I have no idea where this little child gets her energy, but she ran, and she jumped, and she laughed, and she climbed, and she ran some more, and she ate, and she... well, she woke up Porter ("Porter! Wake up!"). There were moment that I wished I had a tranquilizer gun...

All said and done, it was probably the most perfect toddler weekend one could have! Gymboree party with pizza! Children's Museum with dinosaurs and Barbies and sandboxes (Oh My!), swimming in the big pool, playing at the park. If Xanthe had planned it herself, it couldn't have been more perfect. Although, I am not sure Xanthe would have planned the Mommy nite out on Saturday that was the highlight of MY trip. It was awesome to laugh and talk with ladies who knew exactly where you were coming from.... it was nice to feel normal, social and immediately accepted... thank you ladies! (I wish we all lived closer..)

And my diet? you ask.....

Before we left, I sneaked an early peak at the numbers... and I had reached my first goal - 25 lbs lost.

The official weigh in for this week is:
Loss this week: 1.5 lbs
Total loss to date: 25.5lbs

I didn't lose any weight over the weekend (despite going to the hotel gym on Saturday afternoon), but that can hardly be surprising since I was eating and really just guessing at what options were tolerable. Fast food a couple of times, and an Arby's sandwich last night that totally blew my per meal calorie count out of the water. I am just happy I didn't gain any weight since Friday!!!! :)

On to the next 25 lbs.....

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome! Good job on maintaining while out of town. In weight watchers, they talk about "practicing maintaining" during special events like that. If you can manage to not gain during a special even, you need to celebrate that success! 25 lbs, wow!

Cindy said...

P.S. I love that you chose that photo to represent the weekend. It says it all, doesn't it? :)

Darby said...

Good for you, Mara! 25 lbs is an important milestone. And by the way, I wish we all lived closer too!