Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ode to Elaine


I am having a sort of affinity for Juila Louis-Dreyfus these days. I think it stems from her "spokesperson" role for Healthy Choice foods, and since I've been eating a lot of them recently...

I was on the Wii this morning laughing at my complete lack of balance. I mean, you know you are in trouble when the Wii asks you if you find that you trip alot. Frankly, it might as well have asked me if I routinely walk into walls. (Which I do... but whatever..) So, feeling completely uncoordinated and thankfully sequestered to my lonely basement (could you imagine this happened at a GYM? With real honest to God people looking at me?! ARGH!).. I thought of Elaine...

Actually, I thought of Elaine, dancing. God, that was classic. The Elaine dance. Proof that even skinny people aren't graceful. And I kept at the Wii and next thing I knew, I had mastered the advance step routine and I was sweating up a storm.

So, Elaine is my new inspiration. Cause, lets face it, she's damn good (to use a Raynor term). And just to cap off my little Ode to Elaine - a quote:

Elaine: David, I'm going to hell! The worst place in the world! With devils and those caves and the ragged clothing! And the heat! My god, the heat! I mean, what do you think about all that?

Can't help but smile. Dance on Elaine.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Dance on, Mara, dance on. And I'm an uncoordinated skinny(ish) person at the gym and I'm certainly not the only one. I've been surprised that at my gym, during the day, it's really just mostly normal SAHMs and old people. Meatheads and skinny dancers are rare. :) And BTW, my goal is to get as fit as those old ladies - they could kick our young butts!