Monday, August 30, 2010

The Before


It is obvious to anyone that looks at me, but I feel like I am confessing my biggest secret...

Hi. My name is Mara Lee Lewis. I am obese. I am 33 years old and I am carrying around an extra human being (and I don't mean one of my kids). I weigh 125lbs over the amount recommended by some very smart doctors for my weight and height. I will talk about it. I am going to force myself to talk about it. I have ignored it. I have rationalized it. I have laughed it off. I have lied to myself. I have lived in denial.

I am going to look in the mirror. I am going to look below my neck. It might get ugly around here before it gets better. Especially since this is only day 1 of what will be a long journey.

My Weight Goals:

Long Term: be a mom my girls will be proud of - ride bikes, swim laps, run without fear of all the jiggling, sit with my legs crossed comfortably - lose the muffin top, the muffin bottom, shit, lets just lose the muffin all together.
Dream size: 14/16

Short Term: create new habits, treat my body well, remember what a gift my body is for giving me life, love, and two beautiful babies, incorporate excercise into my life, realistic target size: 18/20

How I will do this:

Exercise 3 X per week either 30 Mins moderate exercise or 20 minutes jogging
2X week strength training

I will diary every item I eat.
I will cut out all sweets.
I will target 1350 calories per day.
I will be accountable for what passes my lips.

What else? I am going to take care of what God gave me. I have started an Obagi Nu Derm treatment including the Blender / Retin A products. I will be doing a couple of skin procedures to take care of some hormonal hangovers, ie. melasma spots.

That is the naked truth. Consider this my coming out party.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Mara, I'm so excited for you!

Please don't cut out all sweets, though. What's life without a little sweetness? Everything in moderation. That's one thing I love about weight watchers - I can follow the plan and still have an occasional DQ blizzard.

Alli said...

Wow, I just read further down. You are such an amazing woman Mara bo Bara! Miss you and I am so proud of you!!! You'll do it, woman!!!